1. EDUN leather jacket. Edun's been having sample sales for over 5 years but May was the first time I attended. This was a true sample sale. These biker jackets were over 97% off retail and were available in black and white. At that price they're practically giving them away and I had to get both colors. ($25 from $900)
2. Maiyet Red Sia Tote. This February sample sale had true sample sale pricing too. I hit the jackpot with this bag that comes with an attached zip pouch. It became my work bag and strangers really loved it. ($75 from $975)
3. Proenza Schouler Courier. Proenza Schouler has been misisng from the sample sale scene for over 2 years. So imagine my surprise and luck when I was able to snag this minimalistic version of the PS1 at The Line's first sample sale at 70% off in February. It's a classic with its pebbled leather and silver hardware. ($488 from $1625)
4. Altuzzara Marian Dress. This sample sale in July was also my first time attending although the company hosts bi-annual sample sales for years. I fell in love with this updated classic silk striped shirt dress (it was a steal at over 93% off) and many sample sale bargain hunters messaged me that they bought it as well. ($125 from $1895)
5. Loeffler Randall Logan Sneakers. While shopping the Loeffler Randall sample sale in May, I was debating if I should purchase these paint splattered trainers. While this price was definitely the cheapest available, it was not a sample sale or even sale price. I ended up buying it and it was the right decision as I had mini surgery on my foot in the beginning of July and I wore these basically every day this summer.
6. Marc Jacobs Katrina Jacket. The Marc Jacobs sample sale in November was a disappointment compared to their previous one in April. There was hardly any Marc Jacobs Collection and handbag selection was limited. I managed to find this blue fur at 85% off and add it to my collection (see my other fur find from last year here). ($68.70 from $458)
7. French Connection Cecil Dress. This dress takes a spin on the classic shirt dress with its two drawcords that cinches at the waist. I got both the classic black and the perfect summer orange at the French Connection sample sale in June. ($30 from $158)
8. Terez leggings. With its breathable and flattering fit these photo print leggings wicks away sweat and no matter how many times I washed them they never stretched out. For all these reasons these leggings I bought at the Terez sample sale in March have become my favorite work out bottoms ($20 from $78)
9. Eddie Borgo Pave Padlock Earrings. Eddie Borgo is always a favorite due to the discounted damages. I found some great $5 pieces at all three of their sample sales this year, but in October I snagged these earrings. I don't know what warrant them to be placed in the damaged box because these were in pristine condition. ($5 from $365)
10. Cire Trudon Cyrenos Cameos. There was a hushed Cire Trudon sample sale in November and another one a month later for the leftovers. Unlike last year's location, these sales took place in their headquarters in Long Island City. I was introduced to these wax cameos. I have no intention of buying the lantern (well maybe if it's on sale) with which the cameos are designed for. Just taking one out of the box can make the room smell magnificent with notes of lemon, thyme, lavender, and pine. I also use it as a drawer freshener. ($10 from $40)
What were some of your best sample sale buys in 2017?